Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2015, 07:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
The thing is, I don't really feel like Skip working with Jasmine had been planned from that episode....I know that Joss plans everything out, but I think that with Charisma being pregnant, they changed things in s4. So I can't help but wonder if at the time Birthday was actually written everything was meant to be true, but then they changed it later....idk
Yeah, I think Cordy may have genuinely become a higher being in the original plans. I remember hearing two original plans for S4: one was that Cordy wouldn't have gotten pregnant and would just have been possessed by an unknown entity that would have never presented itself. The other was that Cordy would have come back from the higher plane mad with power and, after seeing how humanity was doomed, she was determined to save it by any means necessary, and she basically would have been like Jasmine. I don't know which one was true (or if either one was true) because I haven't heard an official source to confirm those ideas. I would prefer the latter because I think it would been in line with Cordelia's character. At the end of the "Shanshu in LA" with the vision attack, after seeing everyone in pain, she said "we have to help them" which is the line that sums up her AtS storyline. So I could definitely see a misguided Cordy going through any means necessary to save humanity.

Quote:
True. I don't think it would have been possible for Doyle to pass the visions to Cordy if the PTB didn't want him to. The visions *belong* to them and come from them. They decided when Doyle got them and they could have stopped them at any time. I think the same can be said of Cordy. The PTB could have stopped sending them, but they didn't because they needed a messenger and Cordy was willing and able. The sad thing is, I think they were willing to let the visions kill Cordy, if necessary. Either that, or they wanted Skip to help her and he added his own agenda into the mix.
Yeah, I think it's the same thing with Cordy at the end of "You're Welcome" when she passed on the one vision of the Circle of the Black Thorn during her kiss with Angel. I don't think she intended to pass on that vision because she said her final goodbye and then before kissing him, she said "Oh, what the hell?" as if it was spur of the moment. The PTB just decided to use her kiss to pass it on to him. Yeah, it's also sad that Cordy seemed to be doomed either way. The visions were getting worse and the PTB didn't seem to be anything about it. So while Skip's interference may have saved her life, it also doomed her at the same time.

It doesn't really bother me when characters leave the series as long as their spirit is preserved in the show. Doyle dies in mid-season one, but his spirit is still there for the rest of the season, and his character continued to be brought from time to time. If a character leaves and there's no mention of them at all, then that's what bugs me. So even though the treatment of Cordy's character in later seasons is disappointing, I'm glad that she played an important part in the series finale by passing on the final vision to Angel.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same, it was a nice way to acknowledge her in the final fight - even though she couldn't be a part of it. & I know she wasn't mentioned a whole lot in s5, but I don't think they just forgot about her. The whole gang really did start to lose track in s5 & I think that's partly because they didn't have her influence anymore. I can't see everything would have happened with Wolfram & Hart if Cordelia had been there.

& I hadn't heard that second scenario for s4 before, but it does sound interesting! I don't think I would have liked to see her really turn bad like that though (even if it was coming from a good place).
Old 12-06-2015, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bringing some fun into this tread with some gifs:

source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/ira/28-reaso...p6m#.qsmBQPQda
~My top ships: Brennan/Booth, Shamy, Penny/Leonard, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Valerie/David, Kelly/Dylan, Monica/Chandler, Ross/Rachel, Angela/Hodgins, Piper/Leo, Jessica/James~Icon by bigbangsheldon~
Old 12-06-2015, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Very smooth, Cordy
Old 12-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love her humor
~My top ships: Brennan/Booth, Shamy, Penny/Leonard, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Valerie/David, Kelly/Dylan, Monica/Chandler, Ross/Rachel, Angela/Hodgins, Piper/Leo, Jessica/James~Icon by bigbangsheldon~
Old 12-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

The thing is, she was being serious there
Old 12-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG

and I like this one:

source: crazycordy.gif gif by smitie89 | Photobucket
Old 12-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

She's so cute when she's happy like that!
Old 12-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Her smile there is absolutely beautiful
Old 12-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was, she had one of the brightest smiles that I've ever seen
Old 12-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved it And I really wish she would have gotten her own show (I mean Cordelia)
Old 12-08-2015, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would have definitely watched her spinoff!
Old 12-09-2015, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Who do you picture would have gone with her?
Old 12-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not sure, but I'd have watched that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread