Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2018, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

It's hard to know until we see the finished product, in all. Just like it's hard to judge spoilers until you see it in action and whether they make sense or not. You can never trust chemistry until you see it action.

So I suspending my judgment on this Max and Liz until we have more information. My biggest concern is that they don't even make it believable by using the same actors to play "younger Max and Liz". I know they have to, but they could have done a little more in trying to make them look younger when we all know there close to 30 in this version.

Michael definitely is meh. I was more compelled to like Max than I do Michael at this point. But when we see them in action, maybe it was change.

And truthfully I didn't care for our Michael in our version until later in Season 1, and even Season 2 and Season 3. So maybe he'll grow on us.

Trailers are notorious for putting it all one way, and the actual pilot will say much more positive for the show!

But we won't know until next year.
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Honestly I don't believe anything the media is saying to prop up this trash!

I know the Original cast was not on board from day one and neither was Melinda Metz who wrote the Roswell High series!

Aw this trailer for the NEW show is terrible. It feels like a slap in the face to us die hard fans!

Really the pod chamber, The science lab slide, the hand prints photos that are now (red not silver), They have their own version of Milton, the broken alien book, the bad mock up of a Crashdown Uniform and the shooting and the healing! It's something out of a b rated horror movie! No emotion at all!

I am so upset over this! This is not the Roswell we all know and love!

I hope the CW learns a lesson when this new show crashes and burns!

Sorry for the rant. I don't hate the new cast (like they say don't shoot the messenger) I just hate what the CW did to our beloved show!

I watched the trailer for the NEW shows pilot and then our pilot in 1999 and I still get chills when watching the original 1999 Roswell promo!

You can compare for yourself below.

NEW show trailer bellow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTk24tf_cyY

Roswell 1999 trailer for the pilot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq16MZ4L074

Jason Behr and Shiri Appleby were Max and Liz hands down end of story!

18 years later we still believe!

Roswell because nothing beats the original!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think for me, on top of not being a fan of some of the actors they cast, especially for Max and Liz, is that the tone issue I noticed in the script seems to still be there in the trailer. I couldn't quite pinpoint what was so off about the trailer and then I went back and re-watched it and I noticed that it seems really dated and weird. I'm not sure how else I can even explain that.

I was curious how Michael Vlamis would do with this Michael and so far meh. But I too wasn't a big fan of our Michael until later in the first season when we finally got to see some layers. So jury is still out.

Overall, I absolutely hated the trailer and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I still may try to sample the pilot and see if my feelings are right or if I need to give it another chance and maybe try episode 2 (since most pilots are not typically that great anyway). Regardless, I'm disappointed, these characters deserve better than what I've seen so far.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 07-22-2018 at 01:38 PM
PrincipessaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree they all deserve better who wrote this pilot anyway! It's so bad! I have read better fan fic then this!

From what I gather it looks like Max and Liz went to high school he some how ends up in Jail and is let go after 10 years and becomes a cop. Hence why Liz has not seen him in so long.

I am not sure when they talk about the crash if they are going back to 1947 for that or if they are making it more current. I couldn't figure out the dress and the cars they show in the crash shot t see if it was 1947 or more current.

Maybe Max takes Liz to the Pod chamber? Not sure it's all so confusing this trailer!

At least the 99 trailer we got an actual story or a teaser of some kind! Liz get shot but lives she finds out that Max is an alien and she now has to keep his secret safe.

Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 07-22-2018, 02:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I agree they all deserve better who wrote this pilot anyway! It's so bad! I have read better fan fic then this!

From what I gather it looks like Max and Liz went to high school he some how ends up in Jail and is let go after 10 years and becomes a cop. Hence why Liz has not seen him in so long.

I am not sure when they talk about the crash if they are going back to 1947 for that or if they are making it more current. I couldn't figure out the dress and the cars they show in the crash shot t see if it was 1947 or more current.

Maybe Max takes Liz to the Pod chamber? Not sure it's all so confusing this trailer!

At least the 99 trailer we got an actual story or a teaser of some kind! Liz get shot but lives she finds out that Max is an alien and she now has to keep his secret safe.

Max becomes a cop in the 10 years since high school (he doesn't end up in jail, that's Michael and only briefly) and Liz leaves town and becomes a biomedical researcher, only to return because funding ran out and her father isn't well.

They do have scenes set in 1947 when the crash happens in the pilot. There will be flashbacks of the crash in 1947, the group's high school years in 2008, and current time.

Max does take Liz to the pod chamber some time after he heals her, which is where he reveals his alien origins.

Besides the obvious changes to making the characters adults and certain other aspects, it is essentially the same plot in this pilot. Max heals Liz in the (empty) Crashdown, Michael gets upset (which results in him blowing out those car windows and also the confrontation between him and Max in the police station), Max lets Liz in on their secret. But you also glimpse the differences...Rosa Ortecho is somehow involved in the overall alien mystery (that's part of the line Isobel tells Max of there being things he can never tell Liz).

Carina MacKenzie, the showrunner, wrote the pilot episode and she's also co-writing the second episode. I'm in agreement about the writing...It's not great and her writing is way too soapy for my taste.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 07-22-2018 at 02:22 PM
Old 07-22-2018, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Thanks for clearing that up! Wow talk about confusing!

This seems like a bad soapy crime show then the Roswell we grew up with!

I miss the amazing chemistry and magic our show had!
Old 07-22-2018, 05:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Thanks for clearing that up! Wow talk about confusing!

This seems like a bad soapy crime show then the Roswell we grew up with!

I miss the amazing chemistry and magic our show had!
You're welcome! I only knew what was going on in that trailer because of the script and those scenes match it so far! But yeah, still way too soapy and overly dramatic and off for me.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 07-22-2018 at 05:09 PM
Old 07-22-2018, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

I watched it yesterday and don't want us to bash the show or wish for its demise, BUT - it was awful.

It looks incredibly corny, I see no chemistry (yet) between actors and the scene where 'Max' was going to save 'Liz' mostly looked like he was taking a huge dump.

No disrespect I will not be watching.

Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Yeah, again, can we please not say we hope it crashes and burns here? And calling it trash when we haven’t even seen it is a bit much, too. We don’t have to watch, but it makes our board look really bad to be posting things like that.

Realistically, we can’t tell anything about the writing based on the trailer alone. We can barely even tell anything about the acting. I think it’s a little early to be criticizing those two things. Now, the overall tone and feel of it based on the trailer? That’s something we can already get a sense of. And it doesn’t seem any of us are feeling that spark like we did with the original. And naturally, we’re going to compare it to the original, and it’s unlikely that it will ever measure up in our eyes.

I have read the script, so I will say that the writing, based on THAT and not the trailer, leaves a little to be desired. I think the show will rush Max and Liz, and that, to me, is a mistake. As is not even including Michael and Maria, but whatever, they didn’t care about that passionate fan base, I guess.
ICON BY MEL
April7739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Wow, I would love to read their Pilot script as well. Pre-game and all that

Kem (Icon ; Tumblr)
naturellebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
^ Wow, I would love to read their Pilot script as well. Pre-game and all that
Sent you a PM!
Old 07-22-2018, 10:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
I watched it yesterday and don't want us to bash the show or wish for its demise, BUT - it was awful.
I think we all feel the same way here!

Quote:
It looks incredibly corny, I see no chemistry (yet) between actors and the scene where 'Max' was going to save 'Liz' mostly looked like he was taking a huge dump.

Quote:
No disrespect I will not be watching.
Co Mods Unite!

Glad others feel the same way we do.

I know it is only a trailer and we have yet to see how it all plays out. I remember watching the trailers for Star Crossed and wasn't all that interested. Then I ended up watching all 13 episodes and it was so bad. I enjoyed some of the the cast I had seen some of them in a few other things before Star Crossed. However the over all storyline of Star Crossed was terrible and the chemistry just fell flat.

I would be interested to read the script of the NEW show. I remember reading the original Roswell pilot and it was so different then what they actually filmed in 1999.

However I for one will not be watching this NEW show at all!

However when the New show aires I would love to do something like we did when Star Crossed aired in 2014.

Back in 2014 We had the Remember Roswell Twitter campaign to get people interested in watching our Roswell when Star Crossed was on the air. It was a positive campaign as well we did videos and cool fan art. It was funny because 2014 marked the 15 year anniversary of Roswell and when End Of The World was going to happen so we tired it in with the twitter campaign. We would tweet using hash tages of #Starcrossed and #RememberRoswell in the same tweet so it would come up on the Star Crossed Twitter feed when Starcrossed was airing on the CW. We tried to get the hashtag to trend but the campaign worked!

Roswell was noticed and even the Star Crossed cast expressed their love for our show and some even watched it! The art work the Roswell fans made was so beautiful for the campaign

Next year marks the 20th Anniversary of Roswell and it would be cool to create fan arts and banners expressing the love we have for our Roswell. The fan art banners could have the slogan like

Roswell because you can't beat the original
20 years later we still believe!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 07-22-2018 at 10:41 PM
Old 07-23-2018, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

I am still undecided if I will try it. I might for the pilot, just to see how it matches so I can criticize or comment the finished product with comparisons to our show. I did try out Starcrossed, but found it was a very pale attempt to recreate Roswell in a more stressed out environment. But I might not make my final decision until I know more, or until it comes time to program the series on my television.

Yeah, next year is 20 years of our version hitting screens. And we definitelty should celebrate it in some way. Hard to believe. And it means something if we're still so hardcore about it, 19 years later...

Flaws and all, I love the show so much!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Ugh, just saw the trailer. This frustrates me so much. I kept waiting to see something, so I could be “pleasantly surprised” I guess I was hoping for too much. Just made me miss it more. You can’t mess with perfection. I like the actors too I was so hoping I would like it. Or at least be excited for the season to start.
Tara Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes we all feel the same way!

I don't hate the cast of the new show but I don't see any chemestry or magic that we saw in the original trailer of Roswell.

If you want to read the script of the new show we are passing it around. Someone can email you the link.

I hope to read the script this weekend and see how after watching the trailer it all connects.

Reading scripts can be fun. However from what I saw from the trailer this is not the Roswell we all knew and loved! We are not in Kanas anymore or Area 51 for that matter!

Yes lets plan for a huge celebration of the 20th Anniversary! It will keep us all positive and help us deal with this NEW show! Roswell because nothing beats the original!
Reply   Post New Thread