Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2018, 03:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure angel (View Post)
I'm excited about it because that could lead to a cameo or something. I dont care about the show
I'm so happy to see Shiri is still gonna direct, especially shows that aren't hers! I wish it was on a different show, but I'm super happy for her either way.

As for cameos, it doesn't sound like they have plans for any this season because they want to stand on their own. CAM does have a tendency to lie, but it wouldn't surprise me if this one was the truth. My thoughts are: if you want to make a new version of a show that so many people loved the first time around, you need to forge your own path and do your own thing. You're watching this new version to see how different it is from the original, bringing in cameos from the OGs right away in the first season would take away from what you're trying to accomplish. It's cheap. Not to say you can't ever bring them in, but that's something that can happen if it gets to a season 2 or beyond. If I was one of those OG fans who was interested in this version, I would absolutely hate to see any of the former cast on it in season one. What's the point? Let the new versions of these characters make them their own without their original counterparts showing up and making it confusing and weird. Just my two cents though.

Quote:
So they’re making a Cameron character? Just borrowing a random name from the books so they can sit there and say, “It’s based on the books, not the original show” huh?
My thoughts exactly! I don't know if they'll try to make her some version of book Cameron, but I highly doubt that. Definitely seems like someone looked at the character list from all the books and chose random names.
PrincipessaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

If Shiri directs I could see her pulling a Hitchcock and making a cameo in the episode she directs. I could see her being a costumier at the Crashdown and saying to the "New" Liz you know I used to work here!

The rest of the cast I don't see making cameos or being on the show. My take is that non of them want to be apart of it. The only one person from the cast who expressed any interest was Shiri. I know she tweeted how she wanting to direct an episode.

The rest of the Original cast is also way to busy.

Nick is on a new show Shards Of Blue so is Katherine on Suits.

Brendan just wrapped two movies and is working with Majandra to get their show B&T off the ground.

Colin finished directing his first music video and is busy on his TV show.

Emilie just finished her TV show Once Upon A Time and is a new mom.

Jason is busy being a dad.

In the books there was a 4th alien. The character was like a Nascado so maybe they will explore more of that in the NEW show?

Either way we all know that this New show is a mess and not a good idea!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 08-05-2018 at 10:25 PM
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

They're finally dressing up Las Vegas, NM as Roswell. Photos of the exteriors being put up are getting posted on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/PamelaM5050/stat...267337217?s=19

http://twitter.com/PamelaM5050/stat...11911705829376

http://twitter.com/ryanmlowery/stat...153170433?s=19

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 08-17-2018 at 08:24 PM
Old 08-16-2018, 07:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
At least the people around Buffy "might" have seen the light, and there are now hints that the Buffy reboot might instead being a "revival" or a "continuation". Now whether that means cast mates of the original show will be called on, who knows...

Looks like there might still be a new Buffy type. Wonder if they will get Sarah as a "mentor" type.

Maybe the backlash to the proposed series spooked them...

http://<br /> http://tvline.com/20...-continuation/
Oh man, I read the article about Buffy being a continuation... Why the heck can't they do that with Roswell? I have been so pissed off since I read they are doing a "reboot" instead of a continuation. Sorry one person here who doesn't want anyone saying they want it to fail, but honestly, if it's a reboot rather than a continuation, then I will be happy to watch it crash and burn.

Reading the comments on the Buffy article (and the previous one in which they stated it was a reboot) - I feel like all of that applies to Roswell too. For fans of the original show, it is precious and should not be tainted by a cheap remake with characters that have the same name. Rebooting it with the same characters but different actors is an affront. Especially to those of us who have hoped for a movie, mini-series or other continuation of the original Roswell all these years.

I'm guessing that if they wanted to do a proper continuation of Roswell, they could easily pick up with most of the original cast and a new generation of their kids with powers. That is what I wanted to see. Not this reboot nonsense.

I suppose they would have to pay for the rights to continue the original story, and they didn't want to. They would have to also have Jason Katims on board, I would think. I wonder if they even approached him.

A continuation of the original story with Jason Katims involved? I would love that! And I bet a lot of Roswell fans would too.

I want to see Shiri and Max dealing with their kids, and Brendan and Majandra and NIck. They could have teenagers by now. Isn't that what CW likes for their demo? I'd like to see a creative way that they resolved their issues in Graduation. Are they all still in hiding?

At the cast reunion it seemed like everybody was open to a continuation. I wonder if Jason Katims ever came up with ideas to continue the series? IIRCC, it seemed like he was pretty open to it during the reunion panel.

Last edited by not of this earth; 08-16-2018 at 07:29 PM
not of this earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I think most of us here all want the Roswell Reboot aka NEW show to Crash and Burn!

As for Buffy I can see how they set it up with the final of having all of the Slayers in training fight. I could see them doing a spin off like they did with Angel!

However if they choose to reboot Buffy that will be a disaster! You can't reboot Buffy! Buffy was classic!

It reminds me of when they did the movie for Dark Shadows. It was a disaster. Even with the high profile cast it didn't work!

The original TV show was so much better and try as the movie might to make it the Dark Shadows we knew it didn't have they same feel and they destroyed the characters we all knew and loved!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 08-20-2018, 10:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

New update on Cameron if you're interested: Her full name is Jenna Cameron
Old 08-21-2018, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I am confused who is Jenna Cameron again?
Old 08-22-2018, 12:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I am confused who is Jenna Cameron again?
She's a new character played by Riley Voelkel. She's also a cop and Max's partner. When she was announced, she was just Cameron so some people (mostly book readers) were speculating she could be the Cameron or a version of Cameron (Winger) from the books. I'm just putting it out there that her name is confirmed to be Jenna Cameron and there still isn't a whole lot of other information.

There is also a character named Wyatt played by Dylan McTee (I have no idea who that actor is but I'm sure others do). There also isn't much known about him at this point and he may not be that important. He was just seen a bunch on some Instagram videos and that may not mean that he's a big role and possibly just that certain people on the cast or crew are friends with him. I believe he was only filming for a couple days.

Last edited by PrincipessaBella; 08-27-2018 at 01:46 PM
Old 08-22-2018, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Oh right it has been so long since I have read the books. I wonder if she was the 4th alien they always talked about?
Old 08-25-2018, 07:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Backstreet Boys
Runaways

The fourth alien in the books was named Adam. So doesn't seem that way.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Oh right well this reboot aka NEW show sounds like it is all over the place. I couldn't even keep track as to who was who in the trailer! I got confused between who Max and Michael were!
Old 08-29-2018, 02:05 PM
Passionate Fan

I've just watched the trailer for the first time. Honestly, it looks like a disaster. The premise of course is interesting (and always has been). The cast are bland and devoid of chemistry, and not really all that attractive except for the guy playing Max. Even the Crashdown Cafe is ugly, boring looking and NOT charming at all. I never wanted a Roswell Reboot to happen, but this is poorer than I thought it was going to be.

{Kate}
crazylittlecandygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

Oh wow, I didn't even know there was a reboot! I think it's pretty cool, torn about them keeping the original characters though. I hope they change the original stories because there was so much that was a mess. I think this could be a good opportunity to actually tell the story without so much unnecessary high school drama (hopefully).
Old 09-13-2018, 06:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch (View Post)
Oh wow, I didn't even know there was a reboot! I think it's pretty cool, torn about them keeping the original characters though. I hope they change the original stories because there was so much that was a mess. I think this could be a good opportunity to actually tell the story without so much unnecessary high school drama (hopefully).
Except for parts of the pilot and details/characters that mirrored the book series, the stories in this willl be totally different, thankfully. And then they can make a mess of and convolute their own stuff. There will certainly still be plenty of drama (not the good kind, in my opinion-I don't like the showrunner and her writing, so I don't have high hopes or expectations).

I'm still having major issues dealing with the vibe and tone of the show and the casting calls I'm reading aren't helping. Oh well.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:23 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know too much about it but I think the original idea for Roswell was great, but honestly it was a mess IMO. I liked Max and Liz in the beginning but they got way too dramatic for me. They had a bunch of good stories which they just dropped, and brought in stories they didn't know how to deal with.
I don't know anything about the creator or actors so I can't speak to that, just hope for the best. I'll watch it if it comes on Netflix.