Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2018, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

Things tend to change after the PILOT. Some shows really have fantastic pilots that set up the characters and action. But other shows improve after a terrible pilot. So it's hard to know what is going to happen.

Given they had to set up the new version of Roswell, deal with characters we knew and loved in different ways. So the series might end up being decent after a confusing pilot.

Since PILOTS tends to be created to attract buyers, and THEN they start to be creative for good and bad with the product they have to work with...

I also heard bad reviews about the flashbacks. I don't know how they can think they can make it believeable given the actors are in their 20s and mostly show it... It's not like some actors who can believably sell younger. Sometime you have to really try to make the sell. And if you're trying to do flashbacks right out of the gate...

Now I get why they need to show flashbacks to set up the action. It just going to be a tough ride.
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:24 PM
New Fan

Based on Shiri's Instagram live tonight, she goes to Santa Fe next week to start on her episode, which lines up to be episode 8. She was with Jason and jokingly asked him if he wanted to go with her.
PrincipessaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Thats so funny! I hear they shoot in Santa Fa CA and in Las Vegas New Mexico for the show!

So I read an article where in the new show reboot that Kyle is in fact related to Valentie who is now a woman Sherif. They totally did not make that clear in the pilot. I told you the pilot was confusing.

Article was up on Crashdown.

Quote:
Rosa Arredondo Plays Sheriff Valenti on “Roswell, New Mexico”

By Lena • Oct 5th, 2018 • Category: CWRoswellNM, Lead Story

In “Roswell High”, Kyle’s father Sheriff Valenti was a ruthless man and the head of a secret goverment organization. The incredible William Sadler played Kyle’s dad in The WB version by Jason Katims and it turned out that this character had some similarities, but in the course of time he was quite different to the book original.

We are pretty curious what the new sheriff in town will be like.

The casting description for this character of the re-imagined “Roswell”, which is going to air on The CW during the mid-season 2018/2019, was never made public. All we learned was that the Sheriff Valenti character is a woman in this version.

Kyle Valenti, the sheriff’s son, is portrayed by Michael Trevino in “Roswell, New Mexico”. He’s a surgical resident and works at the ‘Roswell Community Medical’. While the production of the 13 episode first season makes progress, the name of the actress who’s going to play the sheriff, made it into the show’s cast listing on the Internet Movie Database.

The native New Yorker actress Rosa Arredondo plays Kyle’s mother and the town’s sheriff on The CW’s “Rowell, New Mexico”.

You might have seen Rosa Arredondo in “Iron Fist” on Netflix. She played Sofia Rios in episode three of the second season. She also appeared in two episodes of “Quantico”. If you check out her filmography, you surely stumble on many shows in which you’ve seen her.

Today, the pilot is going screen at New York Comic Con.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 10-11-2018 at 08:45 PM
Roswell 10/2/00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Thats so funny! I hear they shoot in Santa Fa CA and in Las Vegas New Mexico for the show!

So I read an article where in the new show reboot that Kyle is in fact related to Valentie who is now a woman Sherif. They totally did not make that clear in the pilot. I told you the pilot was confusing.

Article was up on Crashdown.
Yep! Las Vegas, NM subs as Roswell and Santa Fe, NM is where the studio is. Obviously they film all around those areas for outdoor locations as well.

Kyle IS related to Sheriff Valenti still, he's been listed as Kyle Valenti since the cast was announced. In the original pilot script, there was an exchange between Kyle and his mom regarding his father, they may have cut that out.

Also, I learned via Carina's Instagram story the other day that Noah Bracken (Isobel's husband) is a lawyer, shocking
PrincipessaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

I am still curious about it. It might never live up to our memories or the original show. But has it's work out.

I am worried if Isabel's power is to "mindwarp". That is destructive... The original Max and Isabel were so close. Isabel could be annoying at times. But to think she might have done something to hurt her brother...

Almost like they want her to be a villian like... And I don't know I like that...

We have to see how it plays.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Looks like they are bringing in Maria's mother. Name of character is Mimi.

The actress is former Fosters star; Sheri Saum.

http://www.eonline.com/news/976808/...ar-sherri-saum
The Link talks about the character...

Another big difference from the original.

Sounds like Maria's mother might be more in the know of the secrets than the previous show!
Old 10-13-2018, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Oh I love Sheri!

Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
I am still curious about it. It might never live up to our memories or the original show. But has it's work out.

I am worried if Isabel's power is to "mindwarp". That is destructive... The original Max and Isabel were so close. Isabel could be annoying at times. But to think she might have done something to hurt her brother...

Almost like they want her to be a villian like... And I don't know I like that...

We have to see how it plays.
The new show is a disaster. I saw the pilot at New York Comic Con and I was not impressed. It does not have the same feeling as the original show.

It's too chopped up and the flashbacks were so confusing. Plus it dosen't have the same element of them older. 28 years old is different from 18 years old. I missed my teenage drama.

This felt more like a 90210 episode sopa box drama then the Roswell we knew and loved.

Character fell flat and were not developed like in the original. There is no magic like the original.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM
Elite Fan

It will be like Charmed. So much history to put into a pilot. You have to have set pieces and then you have set it up to be distinctive in it's own right. It's own show. But unlike Charmed; they are trying to do too much that is the Roswell we all remember, and yet change it up. So it's going to be hard to accept.

Of course it might be the rare show where episode 2 will go down better than the pilot will. But still we won't know until it comes upon us.
Old Today, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes watch it and judge for yourself.

Me personally will not be watching. It is a disaster.
Reply   Post New Thread