Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love finding cheap trades.

Fables new arc is pretty exciting. I like the story of Snow's babies.

wanderer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

Me too. I bought the first 100 Bullets trade for a buck last year...

I've been working on the second trade on eBay. I haven't found as good a bargain as the first one (which still isn't here damn it) yet.
The Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I found the Elektra trades for $5 a piece and the first Meridian one for $4.

Quote:
and i don't want to spoil the upcoming issues for you guys, but the Vertigo site has some cool previews.
I looked at them. Hopefully, I'm not spoiling here, but one cool thing about Fables is how they go back and forth in time. But it can get frustrating and a little confusing. But it keeps you hooked b/c there are so many different storylines.

Old 03-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

exactly... every character has his own story that's interesting and i wanna know what happens to Bigby off alone, to Boy Blue back in the homelands, to Beauty and Beast now running Fabletown with PC. and there's all sorts of Fables that can still be introduced, so you never know where things are headed next.
joeschmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

It'll be nice after I've read a couple of trades and I know what you two are talking about somewhat.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Well, my book finally came in, and I read it last night. I must say, the art is much better than I was expecting. I don't know why, but I always expect Vertigo books to have crappy art.

The story was interesting, and it was interesting to see Willingham's interpretation of the Fables in 'real world' settings. This is definitely a series I'm going to try to keep up with...starting with picking up the next trade.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that idea comes from the early Vertigo era. Sandman had bad art. I have the first Hellblazer trade, but I'm turned off by the art.

I love Vertigo art though. I started reading the titles a few years ago, so the art was much better by then.

Old 03-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

That's exactly it. All of the Sandman stuff I've seen has horrible art, and I never really liked any of the art that I saw in Preacher. I guess that's what started the stereotype for me.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been reading the first Preacher trade off and on, and I don't like the art either.

I started with Fables, Y, and Human Target, and they all have decent art.

Old 03-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Y the Last Man is another one I need to try out. I've been meaning to pick that one up almost as long as Fables.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Preacher rules but Dillon has bad art? ok, so granted, he doesn't have the smoothest art, but you gotta admit nobody can draw a head with a gunshot wound like he can.

i love the art in Y. it's simple and clean and consistent every month. as for Sandman, it's Gaiman writing but the art is horrid. then again, i usually skip the art in favor of the text anyways.

back on topic with Fables, Lan Medina was good on the first arc, but the regular artist, Buckingham is much better. Pinnochio looks better later on, although Beast looks awkward. but the best is on Snow White... in the first arc she looks mean, tough, and downright sexy and i guess that plays well considering her position of power. but Buckingham does a better job of capturing the naive, unsure, vulnerable Snow that develops later on.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, the Preacher art isn't nearly as bad as the Sandman art. I shouldn't have compared the two.

But I love Buckingham's art. He does a really great job on Fables.

Old 03-11-2005, 05:55 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe one of these days I'll pick up another trade, so I can have an opinion of Buckingham's art.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A lot of guest artists pop up later on, so you'll have something to compare him to.

Old 03-19-2005, 07:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

yeah, if anything, there's usually a one or two-part story that a guest artist comes in and draws. i don't know why Buckingham doesn't do them all, it would just be better for consistency.

i have a feeling Blue is not gonna make it out of the Homelands alive coming up. i know he's doing it for love, but jeez, he's on a suicide mission for sure.
Reply   Post New Thread