Go on....

OT Thread #86: Any big summer plans?

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 07-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Anywho, how are you doing, Chris
Ha I'm fine, and how are you? Apparently there's going to be huge thunderstorms today, but at least it will be slightly cooler.
And yeah Austria is at some parts pretty densely populated and at other parts... not so much. Where I live (province of Tyrol) it's basically one very densely populated valley and... mountains up to 3500 metres. Only about one third of the province is inhabitated at all.Still much more than in most parts of Canada though And even here, about one fifth of all of Austria's people are living in Vienna and about the same number around Vienna. So there's about 3 million people in or around Vienna and 5 million in the rest of Austria...

Edit: And just to make sure, the thread title is great. Nothing wrong about lots of talking
Old 07-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not bad, not bad. I have work tomorrow after like a week, so I'm not looking forward to going on. The only thing I'm looking forward to now is college because I won't be working when I start it .

One thing though I'd like about living in Europe though is getting the different blends of culture so close together. I love Canada, Vancouver is my home but north america is kind of isolated from all the good stuff happening in Europe.

Dean&Castiel

Old 07-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis (View Post)
One thing though I'd like about living in Europe though is getting the different blends of culture so close together. I love Canada, Vancouver is my home but north america is kind of isolated from all the good stuff happening in Europe.
Yeah I like living in Europe, even though I'd love to visit America (both North and South America) one day, never been there. And it's true since Austria is pretty central it's possible to get to every major city within Europe in maybe 3 or 4 hours per plane (perhaps Scandinavia or Russia bit longer...). And I'm living about 40 minutes per train or car from both the German and the Italian border, so yeah everything is pretty close here...
Old 07-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great, I'm really jealous. I'm a couple hours drive away from seatle but it's not all that different from Vancouver

Dean&Castiel

Old 07-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well at least lots of US shows and movies are produced in Vancouver . Plus you (and pretty much every western country in the world) have better health care than the USA. It's probably nice to live in Canada, you have pretty much everything the US have, only better

Last edited by KevinCasey; 07-17-2010 at 03:23 AM
Old 07-17-2010, 02:52 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I think I'd rather live in Canada than the USA. Not having free healthcare must really suck.

I like living in Britain on the whole, the weather sucks but that's the only real downside. But I live in the most ridiculously undensely populated county, it's got to be one of the least densely populated counties in Britain, definitely England. I want to live in a big city when I'm older, preferably go to London for uni and then settle somewhere else.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh definitely. Health care is a huge plus when it comes to living in Canada. I do love it here, it's not that I wanna complain. But I guess we all sometimes wish what we don't have.

I used to want to move to London for university too, but I decided I'm going to stay here. I might travel at some point in my life, who knows, but generally I can see me living and working my entire life in Vancouver, it's got pretty much everything I need if I get lucky that is.

Dean&Castiel

Old 07-17-2010, 03:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

I should re-he-he-he-he-lly proofread before I post, I just edited my last post so sorry for "Canaday" . Anyway, it's true we always want what we don't have, it's just human
Old 07-17-2010, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually thought you meant to do that. Alot of my online friends insist on typing Canadia anyway, so I thought that was your variation

Dean&Castiel

Old 07-17-2010, 03:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis (View Post)
I actually thought you meant to do that. Alot of my online friends insist on typing Canadia anyway, so I thought that was your variation
Haha, though thinking about it, Canaday actually sounds kind of fun . Anyway, no this really was a mistake, the "Y" on German keyboards is where you have the "Z", so it's pretty close to the "A" and I probably just accidentally hit both buttons...
Old 07-17-2010, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh Fair enough.

Uggggh. I should so be sleeping right now. Can't be bothered though .

Dean&Castiel

Old 07-17-2010, 04:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

It's not as bad as Cannuckstan.

Is the OT Title a good or bad thing? Cheers
Old 07-17-2010, 05:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlap (View Post)
It's not as bad as Cannuckstan.
Who would write Cannuckstan? Well I know of a couple of derogatary (German) words for Germany though I don't want to write them here
Old 07-17-2010, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Canaday actually sounds kind of fun
Yeah, kind of like Canada Day squished into one word.

The only doubt I have about London unis is London is supposed to be a lot more expensive than other parts of the country, and especially since I'm thinking about doing medicine I don't want to come out of uni with absolutely ridiculous debts. But I love London so much. It's my favorite place in the country for sure, and up there in the world. And as I said to my mum I don't want to live there permanently because I think the traffic would drive me slowly mad, but I'd like to live there for a few years so uni seems the logical time to do it.