Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Extreme Fan

OT Thread #90: Good day or bad day?

So... Had a good day or a bad day?

I had a kindo bad day today. It was the physics ISA, which counts for over 20% of the AS level, and I completely failed, like literally couldn't even do it, so I'm going to fail the whole AS level and will never get in to university. Yay.

To the Scrubs board: it was amazing while it lasted.

sigh.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

^Well that just sucks.

My day was more bad than good. I had a proper rage on at work today. We're really short staffed at the minute and I keep getting stuck on till and if there's one thing I hate, it's being on the till, even though it's never as bad as i think it'll be, I still hate it so much.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Sounds freaking annoying. Where do you work? I used to volunteer for Oxfam and the till was like the holy grail of all tasks on the job. But I guess that's because anything's better than alphabetising books.

sigh.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

I work in a Tesco Express. Because it's small, you get to do everything. It can be so stressful because there's a lot to do and at times regular staffing is one on one. It's mental, lol! I consider the till my least favourite job because if I wanted to be on the till all the time, I'd work in a superstore where I get a chair!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Aaah, Tesco Express, my old friend! Buy a little camping chair and just chill behind the counter with a copy of Heat when it's quiet.

sigh.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

See, I'm used to working stuff so without doing anything physical, I get bored. I'm always so happy when someone comes in to take me off. I bound off the tills. Anyway, i can't do that because I've already nicked a copy of Heat to read on my lunch break.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

I've had a really good day. I got my module results this morning which were much better than expected, so that was automatic good mood. And then in Biology my teacher wasn't in which meant piss easy lesson with lots of talking, and he neglected to set us anything more than 20 minutes work. For an hour and 20 minute lesson. Then I had Chemistry which was a pretty standard lesson, went to see my History teacher in break to ask about our homework and wound up having a chat with her, when I told her my History mark she decided to go for inappropriate hugging of student. (her own words) Thennn what was going to be my keen working on History free turned into talking to my friend and doing Maths, because Maths is my go to subject when there's work I should be doing but can't be arsed with and want to kid myself I'm being productive. And in History my teacher took us all out individually to talk to us about our results which meant an entire lesson of talking and then I had my favourite teacher who we only have once a week in Maths. Nice easy day.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Almost making me miss my school days. And oh, God I'm old! lol!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Don't miss school! SCHOOL IS EVIL.

Sounds like a good Thursday, Alice! It's impossible for me to ever have a good Thursday because my timetable is: Further maths, chemistry, double physics, another double chemistry, double biology and another double physics. I spend every Thursday evening counselling my brain and tying to reduce the post-traumatic stress that inevitably follows!

sigh.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:04 PM
New Fan

Avarage day, been stripping the wallpaper listening to the radio all day.

Tommorow will be a good day, going celebrating a firends birthday and getting very drunk.

The day after will be a VERY bad day.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

BAD day! having not been in here for ages I couldn`t remember my password, and trying to retrieve it didn`t go as swimmingly as planned!

4 hours later and I`m glad to be back and helping out whilst we still have a forum!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Bad bad day.

At work, we've had this guy at our store for 4 weeks to get him used to life in a Express store and he's been useless. Really lazy and just like he doesn't care at all. My store manager told me this afternoon that he was leaving and the lasy git was going to be the new manager. No one in our store likes the guy because he's given everyone such a bad first impression so we're all really PO about it.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Don`t get me started on Tesco managers!

In my experience section managers change as often as Scrubs extras
Old 03-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

^LOL! Well as it's an Express, there's a store, duty & two team leaders and that's it. Screw it, I report to the DM, I'll ignore the bastard as much as I can.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

In my town there was an Express and a larger store, and if a manager found himself in a spot of bother they would usually get a transfer to the other place!

As you`re a small team any sneakiness might not pass by unnoticed, but as long as the majority of you dislike him then his time will come soon enough!

As if working in Tesco isn`t bad enough, it`s unbearable when you answer to someone you hate!