Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Closing the Pushing Daisies Board ~ Please Read and Respond

It comes with great sadness that I say that Pelin & I feel that it is time to say goodbye to the Pushing Daisies board. We both love the show & the board, but it seems of late that as much as we all love the show we've all lost some motivation to keep posting here. We thought that maybe it was time to let the board go, & we felt that it would be better for us to close the board willingly than to have the board closed. So now we are putting it to you guys, do you agree that it is time to close the Pushing Daisies board?

, believe me love you're gonna be bigger ♥
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 03-12-2012, 05:01 AM
Senior Moderator Manager
Can You Spare a Brain?

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I'm sure it was very difficult to post this thread.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is so sad

I'm sorry I haven't been here lately. I just haven't felt like posting these days.

Whatever you decide to do is perfectly fine with me. There were a few times when I was mod here that I considered closing this place down, but then (fortunately) it became alive again with some new posters and more conversation.

As sad as it will be if this place closes, I do think it's better for the mods/posters to have the board close instead of it getting shut down because of lack of posting.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Oh it really was difficult to start this thread, & to come to this decision.

It really is sad, but I've been watching the activity & interest slowly decrease over the last few months, & while I can hope that we find that time where we become alive again but I just don't see it happening anymore. Which breaks my heart, but I just would prefer to see us let it go than to lose it.

Thanks for replying Julie also its understandable to not post if you don't feel like it, we all have times like that. Then hearing you say you considered it while you were mod makes me feel a little better in that someone else also considered it
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 03-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

I was going to respond to this last night, however I did not want to be the first person to comment. This must be one of the hardest decisions to make, and really I believe you both have to do what is right for both of you as well as the board. If it is more like an effort to post as well as a fight to keep the board then I would say that letting it go is a better thing to do than have it get closed. At least this way it will be your choice, and not a slap in the face that after all your hard work you are putting into running this board that you cannot get the post count up enough to keep the board alive. There is too much blame going around, not of each other, but of ourselves. We feel bad or guilty for not posting, but maybe it is just time to face that as much as we love the show and the board we do not have enough to say to keep the board alive. The show finished, and with a cast who are not all busy doing lots of new things, that would make it hard to have something new to talk about. I would love to see the board live forever, however I do not like seeing it suffering like it is always coming up short. That is not fair on the moderators, the posters here, and probably not on . So as much as I will hate to see it go I can see why you have come to this decision and I am with you on it as well.

On another note there was a blackout when I finished typing this out, so maybe that is some sign trying to stop me from posting ?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, yeah this is sad, probably more sadder then the actual show ending and not getting the time it needed to be successful. But, as much as it saddens me that this show is gone from my life and the board is now closing I still have a devotion to things that are as crafty as this show was and I hope we get something as good if not better than this show.

RIP PD & PD board!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 03-14-2012, 02:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Aurora, Shari thanks both for the comments

Maybe it is a sign Aurora, but I think I'll take what you said first anyway

I hope we get something like this again too Shari. Also I think I agree, this is a lot sadder than just having the show end
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 03-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sadden to see this happening, but at the same time I'm not totally surprised by it. I've tried to come here as much as possible, but it's difficult when a show isn't on air anymore. Whatever you guys decide to do I will support it.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for responding & for all the posting you have been able to do here Tara
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 03-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

I agree with you all, it was very difficult to come to this conclusion on my part as well. I find it a bit hard to express how I feel now, because I don't wanna sound cheesy. Still, I wanted to say that Sparkleyღ is right, it feels sadder than the show ending because when our board was still around, I've felt like the show's been on some sort of hiatus, if not still going on. I loved posting with every single one of you and not just because Pushing Daisies fandom is the best Because I've gotten to know some amazing people here
Old 03-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I agree with Pelin, you're all amazing people
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 03-16-2012, 03:48 AM
Absolute Fan

I wish I was able to be part of this board back when the show first began. I have been a long time lurker and only recently started posting so I probably part of it's downfall!. I can't imagine how hard it is to come to the decision particularly after all the hard work that goes into maintaining a board.

Anyway just wanted to say a big thank you and I think it is amazing the board has lasted this long with the amount of time it has been of the air and it is obviously because of you guys.
Castle&Beckett.Jim&Pam.Ben&Leslie.Chloe&LuciferDonna&Harvey
.Mary&Matthew.Will&Alicia.Luke&Lorelai.Jamie&Claire.Jack&Rebecca
Old 03-16-2012, 04:20 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Your posting has been great, helping to keep the board alive not adding to its downfall thanks for the comments too
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 03-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Aww, I'm sorry to hear this news. I feel like I'm at part responsible because I don't post here too often anymore.

I support whatever the mods make. I would love to have the forum continue where there might be a surge of discussion, but then I understand wanting to go out with a (semi)bang rather than being shut down.

In any case, this forum has given me some fun times and I have met some really great people here. I should thank it for that...
Old 03-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Please don't blame yourself, every little bit helps make this board what it is. You're all wonderful people & its been great posting here with all of you, as well as modding this board
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie