New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

The Menu #4 - No time to give up...

Latest News

From yesterday:

Sources: Daisies, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Canceled - E! Online

Quote:
ABC has canceled Pushing Daisies, executive producer Bryan Fuller confirms to me exclusively.

According to reports, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money have also been canceled, but reps for both shows have declined to comment.

Is the pie-maker dead? Will we ever see him again? Read on for the exclusive inside dish straight from the top...

Bryan Fuller tells me, "[ABC president] Steve McPherson called me, and said 'We gave it the best shot we could.' "

According to Fuller, the facts are these: "It's very likely that Pushing Daisies will end after episode 13, which as you know, is a cliffhanger. But we are talking to DC Comics about doing comic books that will wrap up our storylines, and I already have a pitch for a movie ready to go.

"To be honest, I'm really not feeling very boo-hoo about it. I am so proud of the show. We put together 22 really good episodes, and there is a lot to be proud of. I'm sure I'll be working with a lot of these people again, and I would love to do so."

Is this a good decision by ABC, or did that network just rip your heart out?
The Menu #3
Old 11-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Is this a good decision by ABC
How could it possibly be a good decision?

OK, I've gone past utter sadness and am now into full-on anger mode, lol.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome to the club *sigh*
Old 11-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Is there any chance that it could get picked up by another Network? Call it wishful thinking... but could there be?

At least we'll get the last 7... thats something...
Old 11-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

I dunno... I just hope if that's the case that it'll be one that I have access to
Old 11-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

According to Cheno ABC will air all the episodes. See vid here:

Kristin

I'm a little confused as to why she says they'll air them during the spring. Can anyone explain? Isn't it fall right now over there? *confused*
Old 11-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

*sigh* If she said in the spring, could be that they'll shelve them until the spring, when some shows may be on hiatus or something, and they'll air them there... They did that with the Nine... but then didn't air them all in the end. They did a couple, then stopped again... *growl* Dang ABC...
Old 11-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

The comic books sound... OK, I guess. But they shouldn't have had to do that in order to finish the story. And he said that he has a pitch for a movie. If there was one, I'll be satisfied, for sure.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Moonie

I've been running nonstop since yesterday afternoon and this is the first I've got to actually process the news

The worst part was that I had to call my friend who I watch PD with every Wednesday and tell her the news. She was so crushed. She just didn't get it. How could ABC do that? I said no one was watching. And just just flat out asked the question on everyone's mind, "How can people not watch Daises? It's perfect!" It's just so disappointing how a show that's so lovely and optimistic isn't watched. Looking at the shows that are doing well now and that a show like PD can't get viewers says a lot about the state of TV right now.

Here's to hoping that ABC airs the rest of the episodes. If they do nothing for advertising, then the ratings will keep falling and then we know they'll pull the rest of the season.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiegg108 (View Post)
the question on everyone's mind, "How can people not watch Daises? It's perfect!" It's just so disappointing how a show that's so lovely and optimistic isn't watched.
I'm going to get deep here so be patient. I think when you watch Pushing Daisies you have to accept certain ideas and feel certain things that are too pure and good for most people to understand. It sounds absurd but PD is too positive for most people. They want something shallow and cynic, they want stereotypes, they want violence. They want the characters to be ill intended and have an agenda because the notion that any person would want to be good and feel love -love not just lust- seems childish and naive to them. Which is ironic, because it's exactly the opposite. You need to be sophisticated and open to kindness and good intentions to understand this show. So you can see why it's really worrying that society doesn't want to watch it.

On a more personal note, when PD started here I was going through a really dark time and the show brought a lot of joy and light to my life, so it will always have a especial place in my heart. Damn it I'm tearing up now.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Pushing Daisies also had that effect on me too, it helped bring me through a dark time. Although, the first thing I did after it happened was buy the first season of Dexter on DVD (that day actually)... which was... weird... but I eventually got into Pushing Daisies and it gave me a whole new outlook. I will cherish that show forever.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrypie (View Post)
I'm going to get deep here so be patient. I think when you watch Pushing Daisies you have to accept certain ideas and feel certain things that are too pure and good for most people to understand. It sounds absurd but PD is too positive for most people. They want something shallow and cynic, they want stereotypes, they want violence. They want the characters to be ill intended and have an agenda because the notion that any person would want to be good and feel love -love not just lust- seems childish and naive to them. Which is ironic, because it's exactly the opposite. You need to be sophisticated and open to kindness and good intentions to understand this show. So you can see why it's really worrying that society doesn't want to watch it.

On a more personal note, when PD started here I was going through a really dark time and the show brought a lot of joy and light to my life, so it will always have a especial place in my heart. Damn it I'm tearing up now.
Aw that was beautifully put and I completely agree!!

PD was definitely like an herbal mood enhancer for me too and I'm so glad it has had that affect on others.

The least ABC could do is air the episodes as intended and release the DVD ASAP.

to all PD fans...we WILL enjoy the remaining episodes and whatever else we get after that!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

I haven't posted in a while here but I am a fan of the show and think it was so stupid of them to cannel such a good show. They don't have any thing else good left Greys just isn't good any more and Pp isn't that great either. I'm so sad on this *Sigh*
Sabrina/Harvey Shipper-STW. Jeff/Annie-Community. Chuck/Sarah Shipper-Chuck. Sam/Freddie shipper-iCarly. Jessi/Kyle Shipper-Kyle XY. Olivier/Lilly shipper-HM. Chad/Sonny shipper-SWAC. Joe/Stella shipper-Jonas series. Ash/Dawn shipper-Pokemon. StevexDj shipper.
Chuck fan. Kyle XY fan.SmallVillefan.Harry Potter fan.
Peter fan girl.Zac Efron fan girl. P.J fan girl. Chuck fan girl.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

So typical of ABC...
Old 11-22-2008, 05:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie (View Post)
*sigh* If she said in the spring, could be that they'll shelve them until the spring, when some shows may be on hiatus or something, and they'll air them there... They did that with the Nine... but then didn't air them all in the end. They did a couple, then stopped again... *growl* Dang ABC...
That would monumentally suck if we had to wait until spring to see the remaining episodes.

*throws rotten fruit at ABC*