Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Wow I never realized he was in so many episodes. That's awesome, thanks for sharing all those pictures. He looks so young there.
Ria
Old 08-11-2014, 05:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

That's okay Yeah it was a good few years ago now. So I think he was in his late 20s, early 30s. I still think he looks amazing now though

If anyone is interested and you are able to access it, this is probably one of my favourite Craig projects. He did a documentary backpacking around Nepal. I love to travel and see new places so it was so cool to see him do something like this. I think it was quite challenging for him but he did it anyway. Takes some guts to go traveling off the beaten track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhYqTCZSnVY

Athos: I'll punch you so hard, you'll beg me to kick you
Old 08-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Aww, Marissa, I love how you got to know Craig and how you fell in love with him So cool that your dad loves all the NZ stuff... It took me some longer to fall in love with those shows and movies but it finally happened.

But yes, I as well watched Xena back when I was really young and I loved the show... But I wasn't aware that Craig had roles in there... Several roles, three to be specific. He really had three different roles in Xena? That's somehow so strange and crazy. Weren't there any others actors available at that time? I won't complain about Craig but still, that's not so common, right?

And how long he looks in there

Wow, the Nepal documentary is really long! I don't have the time to watch all of it now but I'll have a look as soon as I find the time. Promise. Although I would never do something like that... Not in Nepal and nowhere else.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hahaha oh my, blushing so much! Oh yeah, my dad really loves fantasy shows and movies and most of them are shot in NZ because of their wonderful landscape and scenery. So he passed it on to me.

I think before LOTR really put NZ on the map, NZ actors and actresses kind of kept to their own industry. I feel like they all know each other or something Craig used to make jokes about being in Xena repeatedly. They would call him up and ask him to play a part and he was like, I've just done this bit. He said that they would tell him that with a different haircut and costume, no one would notice

He's a cutie pie right? Hehe!

It's cool. Watch it in your own time if it takes your fancy. No, I could never be an intrepid adventurer. I can't even do weekend music festivals in the UK where you can't shower and have to share toilet facilities with thousands of other people. I don't think I would fare very well roughing it although I admire people who do.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

It's a good thing that you dad did

Oh yes It definitely was LotR that made NZ so successful. I love it because the actors are amazing and yes, they really seem to know each other which is not too surprising in such a small country.

Nobody would notice?! Hallo??? What did they think? That we fans are blind?

Marissa, I'm exactly the same I wouldn't survive a music festival weekend either because I need my own shower, my own bedroom, my own toilet.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree! I would have missed out on so much if my Dad hadn't inspired me to watch these shows.

For sure. As they say now - New Zealand is Middle-Earth. I love how into it they get what with painting Air New Zealand planes and all that. I also think the acting industry was very different there than say...Hollywood. I like playing the game: Spot LoS actors in Xena/Hercules and vice versa. I have even seen Hobbit/LOTR actors in LoS.

Haha maybe that is what they were hoping. They didn't bank on me being a big fan of Craig's and being able to spot him a mile off

Exactly Kris. Most of my friends call me a princess and tease me for it but I don't care.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Do you still watch such shows and movies with your dad?

Oh, I know what you mean... I as well saw LotR people in LotS! It's awesome because they first appeared in such a movie and then it's LotS. Don't get me wrong, I love that show but it's a big difference... It's the same about the stunt team

I would have spotted him right away as well

Princess? Hey, I know tons of people who wouldn't camp...
Old 08-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

I had no idea he did that backpacking around Nepal, that's awesome though. I will have to watch those videos, they sound very interesting. And the backpacking and roughing it doesn't really phase me. I mean I couldn't do it for too long but I think I could pull it off. I mean I basically did a backpacking around Europe for my study abroad, granted we stayed in hostels but it still was interesting and you never knew what it was going to be like.

Coming from someone who is always pointing out where actors are from or seeing someone and I'm just like "I know that person! Where do I know they are from?" I'm sure they wouldn't have fooled me either.
Ria
Old 08-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Kris - Unfortunately I rarely see my dad these days because of how busy I am and he lives hours away from me. I really want to make time to see him though because I am so aware that my dad is getting on in years and I want to spend as much time as I can with him. I was born when he was in his late 50s and he's almost 82 already so yeah...I saw him last year in the summer and we watched lots of movies and played games together then Maybe I will try and visit him for a week at Christmas.

New Zealanders just get everywhere I'm convinced. I saw Dean O'Gorman in an episode of LoS the other day. He played Carver Dunn but I'm much more used to him as Fili in The Hobbit. Jed Brophy plays all the monsters in LoS like the Shadrin and he's an LOTR/Hobbit veteran. It really amuses me.

Concerning Craig - it's not like the make-up department of Xena did a lot to make him unrecognizable. Apart from the dodgy wig in his first appearance, he pretty much looks the same in all his roles. Still, I'm not complaining!

Yeah, I love that he did the trek around Nepal and the thing is, he didn't find it easy but he speaks so highly of it. I wonder if he would do it again if given the chance or try another country.

Ria - you went backpacking around Europe? That is so awesome. I would like to be more of an intrepid explorer but I think I'm too used to home comforts.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

You did a backpacking while you were in Europe? Really? I didn't know that, Ria.

Oh Marissa, I didn't know that. Then yes, you should spend as much time with your dad as you can. But you know what's great? That he was such a fantasy/NZ fan that he made you addicted to it besides of his age. I love it. I never would get my grandma or grandpa for example to watch such shows or movies... Never ever!

Yes, they are But I did I miss that Fili and Carver Dunn were the same actor?!

The more Craig, the better. But still strange, isn't it?
Old 08-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

Well close to backpacking. I mean we usually spent about a week in each place, then went on 2-3 day trips before meeting in the next city, so we were carrying our suitcases around on trains and buses, and staying in hostels, I mean it was pretty much backpacking.

That's really awesome with your dad Marissa, my dad enjoys fantasy and sci-fi stuff as well. I think that's why I love it too. When I was little I used to watch Star Trek with him and he always likes seeing those types of movies that I do.

Wow I did not realize that Carter was Fili. I think the costume threw me off.
Ria
Old 08-26-2014, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

First sneak peak of Craig Parker's character in Reign

he looks good
Old 08-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Yes, it's kind of backpacking, Ria Pretty cool. And for how long did you stay? I forgot about it.

Ria, you, too? It's so pretty cool that you have so much in common with your dad.

Aww, Lexie. thanks for the picture. Today I saw a lot of new set pics of Craig. Here are a few:

Old 08-27-2014, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Kris, I was there for a little over 3 months, basically the whole spring semester at my school.

Reign! I'm assuming that screencap came from a video, anyone have the link to that?

He's looking good in those photos you posted Kris. I can't wait to see him.
Ria
Old 09-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
The Blacklist

Okay, that's an extreme long time and now I get why you had to backpack... Otherwise you wouldn't have been able to afford it I guess.

I have no clue where the picture is from because I haven't seen it before. But yes, looks like a screencap so there must be a video somewhere!

He definitely looks great. He looks some older somehow, right?