Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

Okay... could be. June's boss mentioned that once or twice that he could have been a star because of his good looks but then negated it instantly by belittling him that he was merely a legend in his own mind. To me that showed though that she had know insight into who Day was or why he did what he did. It didn't appear to me that he wanted to create a legend. Like for instance with the vault, he said something that people never believed him when he said he'd so something until he did it. It seemed more like frustration to me – like apart from surviving, he had to prove to himself that he wasn't a failure as the Trials suggested (before he knew that his results were falsified).

Quote:
In her world, there was nothing to make her believe they were bad.
I suppose it was just hard for me to believe that her witnessing Thomas' brutality with the spy and the Day's mother was the first time in all her life that she came across this sort of unjustified violence. It was also confusing to me insofar as it was said that her brother told her not to judge the poor, yet she judged them harshly - so she probably did believe that everything that was doled out to them was well-deserved. I guess I felt that the transition from believer to sceptic was kind of rocky.

She said in that scene where she was sick and her brother stayed home with her that one day she would want to be in the military too and have a famous mentor. I suppose it could be implied that she wanted to be like her brother but it was never actually mentioned.

Anyway... babbling again... – on to the sequel then!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

I don't think he meant to create a legend, but I think that is what has happened though.. which explains the title of the book.

Or maybe she was brainwashed basically into believing that everything they do is for good reason.

Prodigy is a great book.. but kinda adds a love square unfortunately Its also very sad, angsty. But lots of things goes on.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

So I think I'm gonna get a different cover for the third book of delirium.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

This is my cover for the 3rd book. Its the paperback

Old 06-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

That's what I've seen online.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Elite Fan

Oh nooooes, no love squares or triangles or romance... *panics*

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

I'm gonna get the selection soon. Seeing that it's cheap.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

Oh so much love drama in that one... ... The Selection and The Elite, I mean...

Prodigy... the map at the beginning – if we assume that all the polar ice has melted then the territories of the colonies are estimated too generously from what I can tell. A wide inlet would break through from the Great Lakes to the Gulf of Mexico...

Old 06-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Nice!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

Yeah. That sounds about right.

Yeah.. I didn't like the thought of a triangle. I hate Tess, but the other person involved.. I didn't mind so much, even though it's June/Day all the way for me.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

So far I didn't hate Tess. I just – again with the age thing... she's 13? And Day regards her as his little sister basically... I don't understand where this is coming from all of a sudden but I'll guess I have to read to see.

I think the love triangle so far that annoyed me the most was on Matched. Mainly because even now that I re-read everything, I still think Xander and Cassia would have been the more successful pairing. It's not that I don't like Ky, not at all actually. Among other things it's just that I believe she would have never given Ky as a potential partner a second thought had that glitch not happened. And then I thought sticking Xander with that girl in the end was so overhastily done and unconvincing, in my personal opinion.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

I agree. I think Xander and Cassia would have been the best pairing. But alas, it was not meant to be.

Is Tess that young? I can't exactly remember. But yes, you are right.. he sees her as a sister.. but she on the other hand, not so much.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Elite Fan

In the first book it says that Day is out there for five years after his failed Trials which makes him 15, somewhere he says that sometimes he thinks he should leave Tess with a proper family but then she still would have the Trials ahead of her plus he is selfish because she has been his companion for three years - at first he had to take care of her but now he often relies on her when it comes to his crazy stunts, then he describes the scene where he met her looking for food in a rubbish bin and he says she was about 10 years old then. That's how I arrived at 13 because obviously I'm Watson or something.

Okay, so that she sees him differently must happen in the next book – because she didn't show any signs of jealousy in the first one, not towards June, not towards the randoms chicks he seemed to kiss once in a while – she actually taunted him for that at some point and it didn't sound like she was jealous but like she was mocking him a bit.

Yeah, Ally Condie hat other ideas. Oh well... gotta resort to fanfiction then.

The Chemical Gardens - I just thought I never perceived any real love entanglements there despite so many people involved - at least things were hardly ever mutual. Like Linden – okay, the thing with Rose was mutual; Rhine was complicated, she might have let herself like him had it not been for the circumstances; Cecily probably loved Linden but I don't think that was mutual, he mainly felt an obligation towards her and their child; Jenna hated Linden and he didn't know what to do with her really. Rhine and Gabriel - that was over before it even began, I think ultimately she really only wanted to show him freedom and despite that kiss I always perceived them more as acquaintances brought together by the circumstances who could be/work on being friends. To me if there was any relationship story it was Rose/Rhine – I thought that would end with Rose's death but even in the sequels Rhine thinks about her ever so often. I think they were probably my favourite part of the books, especially the first one.

I was incredibly thankful that there were no love triangles in Divergent or Incarceron – in fact the blossoming romance didn't overpower the rest of the story.

Okay, sorry... right –*church and then Prodigy.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Books and Writing

Ah, right. Maybe she has turned 14 by now.

And yeah, her attitude changed in Prodigy So much it makes me want to smack her.

yeah. I wasn't really into Gabiel. He was kind boring to me. I still need to read Sever, which is the next (after the next book) on my list to read.
I always felt Rhine and Linden could have had something great if the circumstances were different, or if she let herself.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I always felt Rhine and Linden could have had something great if the circumstances were different, or if she let herself.
I agree but I think there was the fear that he just saw the replacement in her, a look-a-like (and if we go by his uncle's judgment in the third book Rhine apparently even sounds like Rose) and then of course there were the circumstances of how she was taken, with Jenna's sisters and all the other girls killed. Obviously Linden was totally oblivious to all of that but then that was probably also a problem that he's mindset often was really far from reality. So I'd say... yes under different circumstances. Or if she let him... which I was actually disappointed then because for some time it looked like there would be something happening... –*as for Gabriel... he didn't play that big of a role later anyway... I actually really did enjoy the series now that I'm thinking about it. Well, let me know your thoughts when you're through.

Oh meh... so Tess will be bloody annoying now... *sigh* ... I'll start anyway.

what is your next book?