Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-21-2014, 04:27 AM
Banned

Game of Thrones - 4x03 - "Breaker of Chains" - Episode Discussion

"Breaker of Chains"

Tyrion ponders his options. Tywin extends an olive branch. Sam realizes Castle Black isn’t safe, and Jon proposes a bold plan. The Hound teaches Arya the way things are. Daenerys chooses her champion.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:49 AM
Banned

Thanks for opening I can't wait!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Banned

Tonight the episode!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:58 AM
Banned

We'll see the Spearwife!
Old 04-21-2014, 12:01 PM
Banned

Can't wait to see Ygritte!!
Although from one of the comments I've read from someone who had already watched the episode, I'm a bit worried they are taking the wildlings to far to much like animals and people won't root for them...

As for all the discussion about the Cersei/Jaime scene...it's caused up roar!
Old 04-21-2014, 02:59 PM
Banned

Ygritte killing people! She was so fierce!
But I'm sad to see her like that after the funny Ygritte of S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine7 (View Post)
Although from one of the comments I've read from someone who had already watched the episode, I'm a bit worried they are taking the wildlings to far to much like animals and people won't root for them...

The wildlings killed lot of people south of the wall. They show them like very dangerous people.

Cersei/Jaime the scene was a rape or something very similar. I don't like it.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Banned

Great episode with lot of stuff. I'll write a looooong review!

But let's start by the most important... Free Folk!!
I loved the whole scene with always things that bother me but I made a reason and I know it will not change so I accept it.

Ygritte!! The ruthless Spearwife that I love is coming!!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:40 PM
Banned

But she killed innocent people.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Banned

Ygritte is a warrior and she kills people because it's the war and during the war the innocents are killed.
It's a sad thing but a thing of the war.

Quote:

The aim of the serie is clearly to show the Free Folk as the ennemy that must die. Nothing else.
People have to rule for the NW it's what they (HBO or D&D) have decided.

Cersei/Jaime was a rape for me.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Banned

I know it's the war but I'm sad to see her like that.

Yeah Jaime/Cersei was a rape for me too I don't understand why they changed.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Banned

Well I've just finished watching this episode after hearing so so much about it!

Tyrion and Pod - what a scene! So full of emotion, poor Tyrion

I just cannot warm to Stannis at all! Davos on the other hand, he's grown on me and I love his friendship with Stannis's daughter.

Sam and Gilly are sweet...but really Sam, taking Gilly to a brothel to be safe??!!

Arya and The Hound!! This pairing just gets better and better!!

Not really a big fan of Dany but that last scene was pretty cool and I love when she speaks in Valeryan.

Tywin and Oberyn - interesting!

I've never been a huge Sansa fan, but since the start of S4 I've started to warm to her more and continue to do so.

Ygritte and the wildlings - ruthless!!! Clearly I'm a big fan of Ygritte and the wildlings, but I'm a little worried they are making them to ruthless/animal like and the viewers will not like them. Jon Snow, is turning into such a strong leader! I'm hopeful if they do go to Crasters keep it will set up a meet up between Jon and Ygritte

As for that scene! When I read it in the books, my interpretation was, that after being apart for so so long emotion got the better of them. Cersei originally protests because of were they are, not because she doesn't want it to happen and then her emotions get the better of her and she clearly wants it to happen. It's not a nice scene due to the incest and were they are. However in the show it's very different, she low she's very upset and the fact he sent the guards out etc, it was almost like it was planned, after she has said no for weeks. She protested the whole time and he ignored her. Personally after such detailed character development I think it's such a shame they have done this to Jaime. I really do not think it was intentional, I'm more inclined to think this after GRRM said in his blog that they hadn't discussed that particular scene. I would have thought with such high profile scenes that they expect will have an impact they would discuss them?

I think George's line in his blog 'The scene was always intended to be disturbing... but I do regret if it has disturbed people for the wrong reasons.' Speaks volumes.

Last edited by starshine7; 04-21-2014 at 05:04 PM
Old 04-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enora (View Post)
Ygritte is a warrior and she kills people because it's the war and during the war the innocents are killed.
It's a sad thing but a thing of the war.
Umm yes I agree with this to a point, innocents are killed during war, but technically the wildling war hadn't started yet, there battle is with the NW. I understand people being caught in the cross fire, but this wasn't cross fire, this was picking on innocent unarmed people. Ygritte has certainly changed but I still love her

Quote:
The aim of the serie is clearly to show the Free Folk as the ennemy that must die. Nothing else.
People have to rule for the NW it's what they (HBO or D&D) have decided.
It does seem that way which is sad

Quote:
Cersei/Jaime was a rape for me.
Yes it was for me too, which really saddens me, I'm so mad they have done this to Jaimes character!

Edit: sorry for DP I thought I was just adding to my previous post
Old 04-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Banned

You posted interesting things and I'll answer everything when I'll be more awake.

But I keep the more important....

Quote:
Ygritte and the wildlings - ruthless!!! Clearly I'm a big fan of Ygritte and the wildlings, but I'm a little worried they are making them to ruthless/animal like and the viewers will not like them. Jon Snow, is turning into such a strong leader! I'm hopeful if they do go to Crasters keep it will set up a meet up between Jon and Ygritte
As a said in my previous post they clearly make of the Free Folk just a band of savages who kill and even eat innocents people to put the viewers on the NW side. I hate this!

Jon becoming a leader is pretty good to see.
If they go to Craster house he can't meet Ygritte because she's South of the Wall and he's going north.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Banned

Ygritte!! I will always love her!!

I just wanted say it.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:

Jon becoming a leader is pretty good to see.
If they go to Craster house he can't meet Ygritte because she's South of the Wall and he's going north.
I forgot this!! I just got so excited at the possibility of Jon leaving castle black when a Ygritte is in the area!!