Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2018, 06:48 PM
  #151
Fan Forum Hero

 
WeBuiltThePyramids's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 72,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
You definitely need rest. Lots of computer based rest.
That's the best kind of rest honestly.

Has anyone else not started their Secret Santa fic yet or is it just me?
__________________
"Fight just a little, to bring back the fire in her eyes that's been gone, but used to be mine."


N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:28 AM
  #152
Loyal Fan
 
Cyclone139's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Has anyone else not started their Secret Santa fic yet or is it just me?
I've only written 250 words so far, but I felt I needed to make a start! I'm trying to get another chapter of Sunshine... finished too, but I really don't have the time. I'm planning to work on my gift fic this evening.

I had a lovely message from a reader yesterday. It was so nice of her to take the time and trouble to write to tell me how much she enjoys my stories. She mentioned that English wasn't her first language so the fact that it wasn't as simple for her as just typing out a quick message made it extra special.
__________________
Cyclone139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:17 PM
  #153
Elite Fan

 
FoxPhile's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 43,516
I got a little reading (and reviewing) done last night. And I definitely have to make some time for writing this weekend. I don't want to find myself on the night of the 23rd in a panic!
__________________
Sheldon/Amy ღ Mulder/Scully ღ Peter/Olivia ღ Mac/Harm ღ Toby/Happy ღ Walter/Paige ღ Wylie/Vega
</scorpion>Fringe The Mentalist
"You said you were sad that you'd never see the stars again" - Sylvester Dodd

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:26 PM
  #154
Fan Forum Hero

 
WeBuiltThePyramids's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 72,481
I know I'll have time to do it all on the 23rd if I have to, but if I am having a bad depression day that day, then the whole day will be a wash and there is no way to know that kind of thing ahead of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
I had a lovely message from a reader yesterday. It was so nice of her to take the time and trouble to write to tell me how much she enjoys my stories. She mentioned that English wasn't her first language so the fact that it wasn't as simple for her as just typing out a quick message made it extra special.
I love those kinds of messages so much. It really fuels one to keep writing.
__________________
"Fight just a little, to bring back the fire in her eyes that's been gone, but used to be mine."


N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:25 PM
  #155
Elite Fan

 
FoxPhile's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 43,516
Whenever I've committed to a real deadline for a fic, I really try hard to get it done early just because my ability to write is so unpredictable. More because of time than mood or inspiration, but it still reduces the pressure if I get it out of the way.

Of course... then I re-read and revise about a million times.
__________________
Sheldon/Amy ღ Mulder/Scully ღ Peter/Olivia ღ Mac/Harm ღ Toby/Happy ღ Walter/Paige ღ Wylie/Vega
</scorpion>Fringe The Mentalist
"You said you were sad that you'd never see the stars again" - Sylvester Dodd

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:12 AM
  #156
Loyal Fan
 
WriterFreak001's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Has anyone else not started their Secret Santa fic yet or is it just me?
I'm mostly done with mine... just have to write an ending scene and then work in the loose ends.
__________________
Kimberly
Walter x Paige Drake x Morwenna Jamie x Claire Yusuke x Keiko
WriterFreak001 ► Twitter Tumblr FFNAO3YT
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:30 AM
  #157
Fan Forum Hero

 
WeBuiltThePyramids's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 72,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterFreak001 (View Post)
I'm mostly done with mine... just have to write an ending scene and then work in the loose ends.
Well look out we got an overachiever up in here.
__________________
"Fight just a little, to bring back the fire in her eyes that's been gone, but used to be mine."


N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:38 AM
  #158
Elite Fan

 
FoxPhile's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 43,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Well look out we got an overachiever up in here.
There's one in every crowd

The exciting thing is that now we know we'll have at least one new Scorpion fic to read for Christmas!
__________________
Sheldon/Amy ღ Mulder/Scully ღ Peter/Olivia ღ Mac/Harm ღ Toby/Happy ღ Walter/Paige ღ Wylie/Vega
</scorpion>Fringe The Mentalist
"You said you were sad that you'd never see the stars again" - Sylvester Dodd

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:43 AM
  #159
Fan Forum Hero

 
WeBuiltThePyramids's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 72,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
There's one in every crowd

The exciting thing is that now we know we'll have at least one new Scorpion fic to read for Christmas!
Well don't sell the rest of us short!
__________________
"Fight just a little, to bring back the fire in her eyes that's been gone, but used to be mine."


N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:36 PM
  #160
Elite Fan

 
FoxPhile's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 43,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Well don't sell the rest of us short!
I'm very confident that all promised fics will be delivered!
__________________
Sheldon/Amy ღ Mulder/Scully ღ Peter/Olivia ღ Mac/Harm ღ Toby/Happy ღ Walter/Paige ღ Wylie/Vega
</scorpion>Fringe The Mentalist
"You said you were sad that you'd never see the stars again" - Sylvester Dodd

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:26 PM
  #161
Loyal Fan
 
WriterFreak001's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,640
I'm just nervous that my idea of the individual's prompt doesn't dissatisfy them.

Also, in case we need to ask our individual questions, do you guys think we should use Tumblr anon ask? ... wait, does everyone have a tumblr?
__________________
Kimberly
Walter x Paige Drake x Morwenna Jamie x Claire Yusuke x Keiko
WriterFreak001 ► Twitter Tumblr FFNAO3YT
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:36 PM
  #162
Fan Forum Hero

 
WeBuiltThePyramids's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 72,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterFreak001 (View Post)
I'm just nervous that my idea of the individual's prompt doesn't dissatisfy them.

Also, in case we need to ask our individual questions, do you guys think we should use Tumblr anon ask? ... wait, does everyone have a tumblr?
I don't think so. And I don't use the anon feature.

I think maybe send me a PM with the title "secret santa private" and then I can get my friend to pass it along like she did with prompts. Though since you asked this question publicly instead of PMing me if someone gets a question now they may know it's you.
__________________
"Fight just a little, to bring back the fire in her eyes that's been gone, but used to be mine."


N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:38 AM
  #163
Elite Fan

 
FoxPhile's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 43,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I don't think so. And I don't use the anon feature.

I think maybe send me a PM with the title "secret santa private" and then I can get my friend to pass it along like she did with prompts. Though since you asked this question publicly instead of PMing me if someone gets a question now they may know it's you.
We could all agree to send in one question and all send them in on the same day. Even if you don't have a question, think of something to ask. Then Nicole's friend could pass on the questions and answers and we'd still be anonymous.
__________________
Sheldon/Amy ღ Mulder/Scully ღ Peter/Olivia ღ Mac/Harm ღ Toby/Happy ღ Walter/Paige ღ Wylie/Vega
</scorpion>Fringe The Mentalist
"You said you were sad that you'd never see the stars again" - Sylvester Dodd

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:17 PM
  #164
Loyal Fan
 
Cyclone139's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,070
Mine will be finished this week, I know exactly what I'm going to write now! (But first I'm definitely finishing the next chapter of Sunshine... )

And my prompt was deliberately vague because I really want to be surprised and I love reading other writers' ideas for the characters so please, whoever is writing mine, don't worry about disappointing me because I'll be delighted with whatever I receive.
__________________

Last edited by Cyclone139; 12-10-2018 at 02:17 AM
Cyclone139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:37 AM
  #165
Fan Forum Hero

 
WeBuiltThePyramids's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 72,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
We could all agree to send in one question and all send them in on the same day. Even if you don't have a question, think of something to ask. Then Nicole's friend could pass on the questions and answers and we'd still be anonymous.
I mean I would rather not continue to give access to my account to someone else as that actually majorly breaks rules.
__________________
"Fight just a little, to bring back the fire in her eyes that's been gone, but used to be mine."


N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks



Forum Affiliates
Elyes Gabel Fanpage, Walter and Paige Haven, A Beautiful Mind WF001
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST