Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-22-2004, 09:31 PM
Supreme Fan

Calling All Posters! Get In Here And Tell Us What *you* Want! :)

Hello to all the lovely Josh fans!

Okay girlies, here's the deal, lately the Josh board has had some SERIOUS lacking in the posting department. People haven't been posting as often (or not at all) around here, and because of it the board is starting to suffer. So, now I'm asking ya'll what we can do about it

I don't know about you, but I definitley don't want to see this board die. It's been around for the past couple of years, was the first Male Celebrity board dedicated to someone who wasn't a WB star, and I seriously love it here. I think that all of you posters are completely awesome, my co-mod is awesome, our topic (the lovely Josh) is awesome... everything is awesome here!

Even so, things around here have been kind of dead lately. Now, what I want to know is what *YOU*, the posters, want from this board. What discussions would you like to participate in? What would motivate you to post more? What kind of threads do you want to see up? What kind of improvements do you think need to be made?

My co-mod, Elin, has been posting all sorts of new information in the News Thread, been starting up threads for upcoming Josh projects, she's been absolutely wonderful. She's dedicated a lot of time in finding all this information and posting it for us. And while these threads have generated interest, after a couple of weeks it seems to fizzle. So, what I'm wondering is what can we do to keep the interest there? To keep the excitement of upcoming Josh projects? I've been trying to come up with ways to motivate ya'll again, and so I figured the best way to do it is just by asking.

This board used to be a happening, hopping, party-central type of place, and I know that it has the potential to be that way again. So please respond to this, any and ALL kind of feedback is welcome

From your loving co-mod,
AlienK
I never understood the expression 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free'... why the hell would you buy a cow when you've never tasted the milk? I mean, HONESTLY, what if the milk was sour? How do you even know it's a milk cow?!
Old 09-22-2004, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

Great idea for a topic, Kelly!

As to what we can do, I"m not entirely sure. You and Elin are extraordinary in bringing news and upcoming events, etc to us, the posters. What we need is more posters and involvement from the ones we have. As to how to do that I have no idea . But I'll think on it
Old 09-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Supreme Fan

Okay, from Shari's "thinking on it" we've got two new threads,

Josh... This or That thread is now open for business, so if you don't have a lot to say in one of the discussion threads, stop by the new game thread!

The Hotseat this thread is kind of like an introduction thread, but with a new twist. You nominate a poster (in this first run, it's me) and then everybody else has a week to ask this poster anything that they want to. The poster then responds, and hopefully by the end of the week you have a better idea on what that person is like.

We've also got ideas for a Josh Hangman thread, and other games. However, we don't want this to simply be a game board either, so if any of you have ideas for discussion threads, polls, or anything, please post it here or let me or Elin know through a pm

One thing that I was thinking of doing is changing the Cafe a la Josh thread a bit. It was started to help the posters on this board join together and post at one common thread. It worked really well for awhile, but then people just started posting on their normal threads again. So, what can we do to help spice up that thread again?
I never understood the expression 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free'... why the hell would you buy a cow when you've never tasted the milk? I mean, HONESTLY, what if the milk was sour? How do you even know it's a milk cow?!
Old 09-23-2004, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

aww kelly always one step ahead of me is it the time zones or sumthing else

yep we need to activate our posters and my god if it will be the last thing i´ll do i´ll keep this board alive

i´m gonna put up my thinking hat here at work and see if figure something out.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

some topic suggestions, see anything you like and we´ll start that one

Funniest screepcaps

100 reasons why we love....

You know you're addicted to... when...

Introduction thread

Birthday thread

What would you do when you meet..

If you could ask..., 1 question, what would it be?
Old 09-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

The 100 reasons is a good one. It's always easy to come up with another reason that he makes our knees weak.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:33 AM
Supreme Fan

Elin, it's definitley the time zones. Besides, you're always way ahead of me when it comes to news and stuff,

I think that those are all good ideas, especially the 100 reasons one... we've kinda got a new introduction thread with the hotseat thread... but we could just use a general intro thread as well... what do you think?
Old 09-24-2004, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

yep lets go with the 100 reasons and a birthday thread a new one.... and keep the hotseat thread going
Old 09-25-2004, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Good idea! I noticed this board was slowly drifting downwards. We simply must make it more party-like.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Pav
Fan Forum Hero

*joins the party*

Old 09-26-2004, 12:53 AM
Elite Fan

I just opened a thread on my board called Build a song.

SOoo, I was wondering. How about we make a script for Josh? One line at a time. The person who starts the thread can describe the setting, the genre of movie, etc.

Then as we get into the script the person posting can add a character or something?

I don't know...it's just an idea
Old 09-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

oh love that brasha start it up
Old 09-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Supreme Fan

DUDE! Shari that's a great idea! And we could all really have a blast with that! Yay, I'm so excited that people are willing to pitch in and save the board! *gets excited*
Old 09-26-2004, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

Glad you like the idea. We'll see how it goes. Could turn out like a soap opera or a scifi...anything could happen
Old 09-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Pav
Fan Forum Hero

Sci-fi soap sounds good.

Last edited by ellavm; 10-03-2004 at 01:38 PM