Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 12:01 PM
  #61
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 91,793
::doesn't have a clue what these people are talking about::
__________________
Icon by beyond insane

tuck frump
sum1 is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 01:18 PM
  #62
Fan Forum Legend

 
a new hope's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 347,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject87 (View Post)
Vegeta irritated me until the Buu saga where we had actual character growth
I had a huge crush on him

Sorry sum I still haven't bought the SW books, I'm such a procrastinator
__________________
❥ Tar |
a new hope is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 04:03 PM
  #63
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 91,793
Hey, I'm not asking you to read the books.
__________________
Icon by beyond insane

tuck frump
sum1 is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 08:18 PM
  #64
Fan Forum Legend

 
a new hope's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 347,470
I know, I want to though I'm just not in a hurry
__________________
❥ Tar |
a new hope is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 11:08 PM
  #65
Part-Time Fan
 
ststriker's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow express (View Post)
I know, I want to though I'm just not in a hurry
take your time. No rush. SW will be there for you when you are ready.
ststriker is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 11:15 PM
  #66
Part-Time Fan
 
ststriker's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I can assure you I've never wanted to be a wrestler. I've never been into that stuff. I did want to be a superhero for a while as a kid, but I think that's pretty funny too.
I'm not saying every boy wants to be a wrestler, but if you look at the toys directed towards boys, mostly it's superheros and wrestlers so I was just using those two as examples. I was watching cartoons (well actually glancing at them every now and then from the computer while my son was watching them) and one commercial showcased Spider-Man crawling up the side of a building and the next commercial had WWE Brawling Buddies. I remember when I was a kid they used to have army soldiers toys but I think those went out with G. I. Joe.
ststriker is offline  
Old 11-04-2012, 11:17 PM
  #67
Part-Time Fan
 
ststriker's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
::doesn't have a clue what these people are talking about::
me neither really. Just smile, nod your head occasionally and pretend to know what everyone is talking about.
ststriker is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 12:24 AM
  #68
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 91,793
When I was a kid I don't remember wrestler toys. I remember Star Wars toys, He-Man, Mask figures and vehicles, Gi Joe/Action Force, Action Man, Transformers, Gobots and a bunch of other things but not wrestlers. There were some superhero toys but they weren't the biggest thing.
__________________
Icon by beyond insane

tuck frump
sum1 is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 12:22 PM
  #69
Part-Time Fan
 
ststriker's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
When I was a kid I don't remember wrestler toys. I remember Star Wars toys, He-Man, Mask figures and vehicles, Gi Joe/Action Force, Action Man, Transformers, Gobots and a bunch of other things but not wrestlers. There were some superhero toys but they weren't the biggest thing.
I seem to remember something called WWF wrestling buddies and numerous action figures (the one in particular I remember were the ones of Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior that talked), pillows, wrestling rings, cartoons, and that horrible Wrestlemania video game for the NES. The tag line I remember they would use to advertise them was "so close to the real thing it's like being in the ring."
ststriker is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 12:29 PM
  #70
Master Fan

 
Subject87's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 12,598
When I was a kid it was Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Digimon, and Pokemon.
__________________
Abraham N Sandoval
July 26th, 1963- December 21st, 2015. Rest in Peace
Twitter Twitch
Subject87 is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 PM
  #71
Fan Forum Hero

 
BehrItAll's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 93,915
Quote:
Yeah, but do you like eating raw fish? I like sushi as much as the next guy, but I don't think I'd want to have it all the time. It would be better if you could go the Splash route minus the week restriction, only be sure that you only surface in a private beach you own and have a bikini held down by a rock near the shore.
I don't like raw fish, but if I were born a mermaid I wouldn't know any different.

Unless I went the Splash route.
Madison didn't seem to hung up about nudity.

I would just have to make sure I could out swim any predator I encounter.

Quote:
Sometimes I would pretend to be invincible and be able to go out and stop crime.
I also used to pretend I was a cowgirl in the Wild West. But really I did was pretend I was riding a horse. Again, I love horses.
__________________
~Stephanie~
Icon credit: a new hope
BehrItAll is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:30 PM
  #72
Part-Time Fan
 
ststriker's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
I don't like raw fish, but if I were born a mermaid I wouldn't know any different.

Unless I went the Splash route.
Madison didn't seem to hung up about nudity.

I would just have to make sure I could out swim any predator I encounter.
Touche.
ststriker is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:39 PM
  #73
Part-Time Fan
 
ststriker's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject87 (View Post)
When I was a kid it was Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Digimon, and Pokemon.
Yeah when those shows came out I think that's about the time I stopped watching Saturday morning cartoon shows.
ststriker is offline  
Old 11-06-2012, 08:55 AM
  #74
Fan Forum Hero

 
sum1's Avatar

Moderator of ...
X-Men
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 91,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
I also used to pretend I was a cowgirl in the Wild West. But really I did was pretend I was riding a horse. Again, I love horses.
I don't. They kick, they crap and they're pathetically fragile. And who the would want to get on the back of a big moving animal? Look what happened to Christopher Reeve.
__________________
Icon by beyond insane

tuck frump
sum1 is offline  
Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 PM
  #75
Part-Time Fan
 
ststriker's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I don't. They kick, they crap and they're pathetically fragile. And who the would want to get on the back of a big moving animal? Look what happened to Christopher Reeve.
Before they invented cars, that's how everyone used to get around
ststriker is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST